In order to respond to the strong increase in the export of sugar products from Europe to the rest of the world, the Südzucker AG Belgium office in Antwerp is looking for a (m/f) Forwarder.
As forwarder you work in the shipping department where all export shipments of sugar products from the SZ factories in Europe (Belgium, France, Germany and Poland) to the rest of the world are planned and organised. You will report to the Director Export and your main activities will be the following:
- Execute shipping files from A to Z (planning container shipments by sea with forwarding agents and SZ factories + breakbulk shipments from various ports)
- Prepare the necessary customs clearance documentation for each shipment
- Prepare all other necessary shipping and financial documents (bank guarantees, B/L’s, LC’s)
- Follow-up of timely and correct payments of invoices
- Control the correct execution of existing shipping contracts
Desired skills & Experience
For this interesting function with a significant administrative dimension and in a highly dynamic and international environment, being a true team player is absolutely essential. Sharing information, assisting or backing up your colleagues as needed is necessary. Furthermore we look for following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in expedition, international commerce or supply chain management or equivalent through relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of all documents related to ocean shipment and financing thereof is essential.
- Experience with planning and organizing international ocean shipping is an important advantage but we will also consider candidates who are about to finish their relevant studies
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (verbally and written) is absolutely necessary. Knowledge of additional languages constitutes an advantage
- Good knowledge of MS Office is required; experience with an ERP system is a plus
- Being flexible, an open communicator, dynamic and being resistant to stress
Südzucker Group, with its sugar, special products, CropEnergies and fruit segments, is one of the leading companies in the food industry. In the traditional sugar business, the group is the world market leader. In 2016/17, the group employed about 18.500 persons and generated revenues of EUR 6.5 billion. Südzucker Group has more than 175 years of tradition.
We offer you
- An attractive remuneration package
- A full range of fringe benefits including an annual bonus
- A close knit, hands-on and no-nonsense working environment where open communication and team spirit form the daily reality
Don’t hesitate to call Gert Olefs (from May 2 onwards at 0499 14 33 48 from 9 am to 8 pm on weekdays and from 11 am to 5 pm on Saturdays. Apply before 21/04/2017 by sending your cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We contact every candidate by mail or telephone and treat each application with discretion.